BFDH was founded in 1989 as a grassroots association of concerned businesses which are either physically located in the downtown or have a focused business interest in downtown Hartford.
To develop programs and provide advocacy to promote the success of all businesses in Downtown Hartford.
Advocate | Promote | Develop
- To foster consistent communications with and between businesses
- To foster consistent communications with City and State Government
- To increase the use of Downtown by workers, residents and visitors
- To retain existing businesses and foster new business
- To continue to work toward a coalition approach to problem solving in the Downtown
As a resource, BFDH can assist your business in assessing and surmounting challenges and help promote your success through our programs and projects.
Board of Directors
Officers of the Board
President: Gerry Grate, The Tobacco Shop
Co-President: Jim Lewis, Harvey and Lewis Opticians
Secretary: Jordan Polon, Hartford Business Improvement District
Treasurer: Matt Stone, Pullman and Comley
Members of the Board
Conor Geary, Ted’s Montana Grill
Aaron Goldenthal, The Camera Bar
Greg Haroian, Capitol Dental Associates
Lisa McIntyre, Waterford Hotel Group
Uyen Mai, Sarah’s Coffee House
Dana Montanari, The Society Room
Michael O’Connell, O’Connell, Attmore & Morris
Thomas Oakes, Barule Group
Henry Roggi, Roggi’s Auto Care
Natasha Roggi, Hartford Sweat
Andy Smith, City Steam Brewery and Cafe
GET INVOLVED. JOIN TODAY.